- 2 1/2 pounds beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Cut the brisket in half; rub with Liquid Smoke, salt and pepper.
- Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the ketchup, mustard and celery seed; spread over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Serve with brisket.