How to Make Navy Beans | Vegan Recipe By: What Chelsea Eats
How to Make Navy Beans from Scratch
Author: Chelsea Knutsen
Servings: 2 to 3
Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
1 cup dry navy beans
½ of a large onion (white or yellow) chopped
1 bay leaf
Optional – Salt and pepper to taste
Optional – 2 vegetable bouillon cubes – I use Rapunzel Vegetable Bouillon cubes
1. Add dry beans to a medium size bowl. Cover beans with water and soak overnight. The beans should have at least 1 inch of water over top of them.
2. Rinse beans in a strainer.
3. Add beans to a pot and cook on high until it boils.
4. Add onions.
5. Add bay leaf.
6. Simmer for 1 and ½ hours until beans are tender.
7. The all ingredients to the pot.
8. Once cooking is complete remove the bay leaf and serve.
9. I garnished with some dry basil.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Navy beans, dry beans, vegan, vegetarian, how to make navy beans