How to make an easy vegetable soup. If you have little bits of vegetables in the fridge, don’t throw them out! Make a veggie soup! If you want to keep it completely vegetarian or vegan use water or vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
SUB HERE! – http://full.sc/LQTHYV
Share, like and comment.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Frugal-Chef/245282282242
1 medium white onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBS chopped cilantro
1 TBS chopped parsley
1 ½ TBS white rice
6 cups water, vegetable broth or chicken broth
Salt & Pepper
Dried herbs of choice (oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme)-optional
· Heat a pan with some olive oil. Add all of the above ingredients and sauté for a few minutes, until onion starts browning lightly.
· Add any of the following veggies: cubed butternut squash, sliced green beans, diced potatoes, sliced cabbage, sliced carrots, peas, corn, sliced okra, diced bell peppers, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets or any other vegetable you desire. Sauté for a few minutes.
· Add rice and liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Add your herb of choice, if any.
· Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes until veggies and rice are cooked through.
· Ladle into bowls. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
Print this recipe here – http://thefrugalchef.com/2011/12/vegetable-soup-recipe/