- 1 (15 ounce) can apricots, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope rapid rise yeast
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- Place ingredients (except the almonds) in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start.
- If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the almonds at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.